As we regularly get quite a few questions about how to setup charts on www.freestockcharts.com, i’d like to do a little walkthrough on how to make your chart look like the one featured below.
Once you have opened up your browser and visited Free Stock Charts the fastest way to quickly get your charts setup with colors, and candlesticks is by following these steps:
1) Click on “Settings” which is right beside the time frame.
2) Click on “Plot Style” from the menu.
3) Change your Plot Style dropdown from “HLC Bar” to “Candlestick”.
1) Change “Up Bars” and “Down Bars” colors to reflect how the candlesticks look, as well as if they are filled or not filled.
2) Uncheck show yesterday’s close line.
3) Change “Color Based On” to Net Change if not set by default.
Another thing you may want to consider is creating a free account with them so that you may save your layouts. This is nice if you ever need to look at charts from another computer, it saves all your settings for quickly getting up and running again.